Republic Act 6975 entitled “An Act Establishing the Philippine National Police under reorganized Department of Interior and Local Government and Other Pusposes as amended by RA 8551 “Philippine National Police Reform and Reorganization Act of 1998 and further amended by 9708.
Imploring the aid of the Almighty, by 2030, PRO2 shall be a highly capable, effective and credible police service working in partnership with a responsive community towards the attainment of a safer place to live, work and do business.
To enforce the law, to prevent and control crimes, to maintain peace and order, and to ensure public safety and internal security with the active support of the community.
- Enforce all laws and ordinance relative to the protection of lives and properties;
- Maintain peace and order and take all necessary steps to ensure public safety;
- Investigate and prevent crimes, effect the arrest of criminal offenders, bring offenders to justice and assist in their prosecution;
- Exercise the general powers to make arrest, search and seizure in accordance with the Constitution and pertinent laws;
- Detain an arrested person for a period not beyond what is prescribed by law, informing the person so detained of all his rights under the Constitution;
- Issue licenses for the possession of firearms and explosives in accordance with law;
- Supervise and control the training and operations of security agencies and issue licenses to operate security agencies, and to security guards and private detectives for the practice of their professions; and
- Perform such other duties and exercise all other functions as may be provided by law.
Service, Honor and Justice
Our CORE VALUES